The editors of Avar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Life and Society in the Ancient Near East are excited to call for submissions to an open issue (Avar 3.1).
Submission Preparation Checklist
All contributors must submit their manuscripts via the online submission platform after registering. As part of the submission process, authors are required to comply with the guidelines listed below. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may be returned.
- be an original piece of work, having not been published before nor currently considered for publication elsewhere, either in printed or electronic form.
- be in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- be anonymized.
- Include an abstract (150-200 words) with keywords.
- adhere to the most recent Chicago Manual of Style, with:
- footnotes (not endnotes or inline citations)
- footnoted bibliographic material following the Chicago form of a full citation for the first entry and a shortened form for subsequent entries.
- acknowledgments in footnote on first page (if applicable)
- illustrations, figures, tables, etc., placed within the text (if applicable)
Avar accepts submissions in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Submissions may take the form of short notes (2,000-4,000 words) and articles (6,000-12,000 words). Word counts include notes and references.
If the online system is not responsive, please contact the editors: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the appropriate pages for copyright and privacy policies.